Thursday, September 1, 2011

Here's to the new

My sister always wants to start new projects/goals and somehow ropes me into it. It’s funny because they are always her idea and yet a few days into it she bails and leaves me with the bag. The night before Lent was supposed to start she calls me and says that we need to fast together and what do I want to give up? Not thinking it through and figuring if I am going to do it I might as well go big, offer to give up coffee and energy drinks.

Now if any of you know me you know I live at Starbucks. There are 2 Starbucks, 1 near my work and 1 near my house, that know my drink choice without me having to open my mouth. I also drink Go Girls like they are going out of style. My sister said she would give up some sort of junk food. I don’t even remember what it was exactly because she changed it so many times. She finally picked what she would fast and we agreed to stick to it.

I go into work the next morning, after not having my morning Go Girl and realized I forgot my computer. Really? The one thing I have to have in order to work? I tell my boss my goof, he laughs, and I drive home to get it. I would be lying if I said it got any better. What should have been 40 days of sacrifice ended up being 48. I lasted all 48 and my sister lasted maybe 4…

Now I bring up this story, knowing she may kill me for repeating it, because I got a text today saying that she wanted to start blogging and wanted me to also. At first I said no because I don’t have the time. I mean I am about to get married, we return and then I have the reception a month later. That is not even taking into consideration that we are on the heels of Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and then the New Year.

Knowing I am crazy for starting yet another thing in my life, I can’t help but sit here and start to think about how much my life is truly changing. My uncle just passed away, I am getting married in 3 weeks and for once I don’t have an obnoxious amount of drama in my life.

My New Year’s resolutions back in January were to cut the drama out and to get into shape. Well, I was able to conquer ½ of my resolutions thus far, so I think I am going to revise them. My new New Years resolutions, as of September 1st, is to cut the drama out of my life and to start blogging.

To quote my cousin…Here's to the new!

1 comment: