Friday, March 2, 2012

10 Loves Friday- Hurry Up Spring!

Happy Friday Everyone! Today is the first day in almost a week that the sun is out and it’s not raining. It made me so excited and now I can’t wait for Spring to come! This week’s Favorites Friday is going to be about the top 10 things I love about spring. Hope you enjoy!
1)      Pretty flowers- I don’t know if I am the only one that thinks this, but flowers always look prettier in the spring. I think that’s partly because winter is usually so drab that the bright colors just automatically look better. Last year I got into the habit of buying fresh flowers each Sunday and putting them throughout the house. It always made me smile when I walked into the rooms, so I think I am going to continue that this year!

2)      Baby animals- you always see pictures of baby sheep and calf in the spring. They are so flipping adorable and innocent. Pictures like this one make me want a farm so badly. Michael is in trouble now… :)

via


3)      Rain/Rainbows- I love it when I see a rainbow. It always reminds me of Wizard of Oz, which is one of my all-time favorite movies. I just think they are the prettiest things. By the way, does anyone know why they never have a beginning or end?
                                                                                  via

4)      Great Weather- I love sunny, not to warm/too cold weather.  I think that’s one of the main reasons why I love spring. I am able to break out my spring dresses, but can still wear my comfy, oversized sweaters too. The dogs love spring because they get walked multiple times a day…and you can’t beat that!

via

5)      Wedding Season- I LOVE wedding season. I get super busy with brides and it is always so much fun to hear their stories. I really am honored when I am able to be a part of a bride’s special day.

via

6)      Coral- I am slightly obsessed with shades of orange. I love burnt orange in the fall and coral in the spring. While I love winter (for the snow) it still doesn’t feel right to wear coral pieces. I am stoked to break out my spring clothing!
     
                                                                              via
7)      Garage Sales/Farmers Markets- There are two things that can get me to jump out of bed on a Saturday morning. One is garage sales and the second is farmers markets. They are seriously the best part of my weekend (most times) and it is a great way for Michael and I to spend time together. I know that sounds ridiculous, but it’s the one thing I can rely on him to go to with me.
                                                                               via
8)      Easter- Now I know that rabbits are not the reason for Easter, but I wanted a cute picture! :) I am Catholic and Easter is the magical day that I can indulge in that one thing that I fasted for Lent.  *in my whiniest 4 year old voice* Is it Easter yet?!?!
                                                                          via
9)      Daylight Savings- YAY for more sun time! it is depressing leaving work when it’s dark out. I love it when it stays light out super late. To me that signifies BBQs, camping and more walks for the dogs because I hate walking them in the dark.
                                                                              via
10)      Puppy Parties- 2 of the 3 dogs were born in April, and my cat was born in May. Usually we throw them a party and I go all out. It is always a blast (as long as Chico doesn’t get town in doggy jail like she did for her first birthday....that’s a story for another blog though.) I can’t wait to start planning it. Who wants to come?

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment