Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A Not So Silent Tuesday...


I know that the point of this is supposed to be silent support for those affected by the tragedy that struck the small town in CT. I, however, thought it was important to write this post though, so I will stick with it.

I am getting emotional right now just thinking about those poor, sweet babies whos life was ended way too soon. I think about their families that are left to pick up the pieces and "move on" when it doesn't seem possible. I think about how close it is to Christmas and it all just makes me want to crawl into bed and cry.

The problem is it's not about me. What I feel is nowhere even close to the pain that those directly affected by this tragedy are feeling. My fear of bringing a child into this world after something like this is so miniscule compared to what that town is going through right now.

I had to get away from social media the last few days because I couldn't believe some of the things I was reading. People are so up in arms over this tragedy and are demanding change this very instant. Great...fine...I think we all want change. The only problem is our lives will go on. Can't we demand change tomorrow? Can't we just mourn the loss of those 20 children and 7 adults right now? Must it be a battle right now?

The families of those killed are not worried about the politics of gun control right now. They are worried about how to move past this. Where they should lay their loved ones for their final resting places. They want answers...answers they realize they may never get.

I guess the point I am trying to make is please take the time to mourn those lost and allow their families to do the same. Battle over politics (because at the end of the day that is what it is) later. Pray for those affected and leave your opinions at the door. This tragedy is not about you, or even me. It is about those 27 innocent lives that were so violently taken from this world one cold Friday morning in December.

Please don't forget to visit the site shown above and donate if you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment