Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Holiday Traditions in 25 Questions!

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate?

I like egg nog, but I love hot chocolate! I usually drink it at least once a day at work. It’s just so darn yummy!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?

Santa wraps the presents.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?

The tree has white lights and the house has candy cane lights. It varies between red and white and it looks soooo cute!

4. Do you hang mistletoe?

Yes. We usually buy it when we buy our tree every year. J

5. When do you hang your decorations up?

The weekend after Thanksgiving. They don’t usually come down until the first weekend after New Years too.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?

Mashed Potatoes. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?

I have many fond holiday memories, but I would say my favorite would either be the challenge of unwrapping my gifts early and rewrapping them so my mom wouldn’t know (it was a fun challenge to me) or getting my first American Girl Doll. I played with that thing for hours and still have them to this day.

8. What is on your Christmas Wish list?

I don’t have one this year. Normally it is a mile long, but surprisingly not this year.

9. Do you open a gifts on Christmas Eve?

We used to open up one gift on Christmas Eve when we were children, but now that in-laws get Christmas Eve, we open all of that side’s gifts.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?

My tree has a strict red and white theme

11. Snow? Love it or dread it?

LOVE

12. Real tree or fake tree?

Both. Our big tree will always be real, but I have 3 other trees scattered around the house that are fake.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?

American Girl Doll. <3

14. What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you?

The most important thing about this time of the year is being able to enjoy having the opportunity to spend time with my loving family. I am truly blessed!

15. What is your favorite Holiday dessert?

Pumpkin pie. I know it’s more of a Thanksgiving dessert, but I make it every year for Christmas too. J

16. What is your favorite tradition?

We always do something fun after Christmas. Either take a day trip or an overnighter. I have many fond memories and that has to be my favorite tradition.

17. What tops your tree?

An angel.

18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving?

Although I love the surprise of opening up gifts from others, I really enjoy watching people’s reactions when they open a gift from me. Most of the time it’s a happy one.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?

Grown Up Christmas List- Amy Grant

Frosty the Snowman

20. Candy canes, yuck or yum?

Yum…

21. Favorite Christmas Movie?

Home Alone & Miracle on 34th Street.

22. What do you leave for Santa?

Christmas cookies w/ chocolate mike and carrots.

23. Do you have a Christmas morning tradition?

We open stockings, then open presents and then breakfast.

24. Do you prefer to shop on-line or at the mall?

Online! I am a bargain hunter, so comparing prices is way easier online.

25. Christmas letter or Christmas card?

A letter…even though I was bad this year and only did a card.

Now it’s your turn! Answer any of the above questions—tell me about your holiday traditions!

No comments:

Post a Comment