Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A Relaxing Start to 2012!

Michael and I spent New Year’s weekend in Calistoga thanks to the gift that my work got us for the wedding. We spent 2 nights in a bed and breakfast in the heart of their downtown. It was so much fun and I realized how much I love bed and breakfasts. Michael, however, was another story. He kept saying he missed having a tv in the room and hated missing football Sunday morning. Lol. He did really like the location, and appreciated the weekend away. It was the first vacation we’ve been on that he came home relaxed and not needing a vacation from his vacation. I told him it was the lack of a tv and the homey feel of the B&B. ;-)

So dinner on NYE was so yummy. I had lobster and Michael had a filet mignon. It was definitely a “treat” meal…and we savored every minute of it.



We ended up going on the Wine Train for the NYE Party and had a blast. We met some fun people and some very drunk people! We were able to count down to the New Year in style and it was one for the books.







Sunday morning I woke up and went into the spa for my mineral bath/foot massage. If only every weekend could be so nice!

It was a great way to start of 2012 and I hope that this year continues to be stress/drama free, full of good food/wine and the surrounded by the best company in the world!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE B&B's, but you've got to find the good ones. Too many where someone decides to basically rent out a spare bedroom decorated from the 70's. Oye...

    ReplyDelete