Monday, January 2, 2012

2012 Goals & Ambitions…AKA My Resolutions

My goals, in order of importance, for 2012 to begin working towards ASAP!


1.)    Start saving more money. I typically only buckle down and save money when I know I have a vacation coming up or a big holiday I need to buy for. We put money away every month for a rainy day, but not as much as I want. This is probably my biggest goal for 2012.

2.)    Become more organized. I am a slob. No doubt about it. Everyone that comes over may think our house is so clean, but it really isn’t. So with that said, I plan to become more organized. Starting with my car to the bedroom to my closet and more. I just want everything to have a place and to get rid of all the unnecessary crap that we’ve collected over the years.

3.)    Get toned. I was always extremely athletic; I danced, did gymnastics and even turned into a mini gym rat in 2008/2009 while in the academy. I did just about anything I could to be active… now all I do is sit at a computer desk and from my office to the parking garage. I am lazy as can be. I want my arms, legs, butt, stomach, you name it TONED. So with that said, my plan is to sign up for a gym membership at a gym across the street from my office that I will be going to at least 2 -3 days a week for 45 minutes to an hour. This will definitely help me achieve that goal. I told Michael that I am going back to eating healthy and he is going to join me by default. When we first started dating it was organic everything and very balanced meals. With the craziness of the last few months, somehow that disappeared and it we ate the easiest possible things.  

4.)    To go more green and natural. I've already switched most of our cleaning items, however, I plan to switch my hair, facial cleansers, etc. I also want to finish switching all of our home cleaning items to all natural items. Pretty much anything I can find that is natural and/or green I am going to try swapping to it!

5.)    Give myself some more "me" time. This past year I didn't give myself enough "me" time. I plan to go out with friends more and do more date nights, along with more book nights. 2011 was so stressful with the weddings and my uncle that I didn’t get to spend as much time with friends as I would have liked and reading, which I love to do, became a thing of the past.

6.)    Learn to cook nicer dishes as well as easy, in a pinch, dishes. I love to cook, but that doesn't mean I'm fantastic at it. I want to take a few cooking classes to expand my cooking horizons.

I think for now that's a pretty good list, and all of those are obtainable. Don't you think? What are your goals for the New Year?

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, you've got a lot of goals, but let's see how I compare:
    1) Save money: crap, just bought a new car but I did refi and saved $130 on my pmt!
    2)Organization: yup, I'm doing good on that. I reorg'd the pantry and built a custom bookcase in the living room for all the books I've got.
    3)Fitness: Once that grandson of mine is back in his mama's arms, I'm determined to get back on my treadmill at least 3-4 times a week.
    4)I try to buy some natural products but I'm not fanatic about it. Depends on my mood.
    5)Me time: Gone, out the window. Hope to recover when I'm not fulltime nana. I miss my books! I think I bought 30 books last year that I still need to read.
    6)Henry wishes I would cook more. Yea, I bought some great cookbooks, now I need to actually make a few of the dishes!

    ReplyDelete