Friday, February 17, 2012

10 Question (Loves) Friday

Well things are still crazier than ever, but I found this questionnaire about things that I am loving right now and I figured it fit for my 10 Loves Friday. I hope you all enjoy! :)
1. What's your favorite place in the United States?
I really don't have a favorite place. I love different areas of the country at different times of year. New York City is really pretty at Christmas time. Nashville will always have a piece of my heart because it was my first realvacation with Michael and is country, country, country. Oh yeah…Disneyland will always have a special place in my heart too. :)


2. Where would you love to visit that you've never been before?
New Orleans and Savannah. Those are definitely on the list of must see places!


 3. Favorite song you're loving right now?
Eden’s Edge- Amen is the song I find myself playing on my itunes the most lately. For some reason I just love that song right now!

4. Good book recommendation?
I loved The Paris Wife! It was written by Paula McLain
Overview (from Barnes & Noble's website)
A deeply evocative story of ambition and betrayal, The Paris Wife captures a remarkable period of time and a love affair between two unforgettable people: Ernest Hemingway and his wife Hadley.
Chicago, 1920: Hadley Richardson is a quiet twenty-eight-year-old who has all but given up on love and happiness—until she meets Ernest Hemingway and her life changes forever. Following a whirlwind courtship and wedding, the pair set sail for Paris, where they become the golden couple in a lively and volatile group—the fabled “Lost Generation”—that includes Gertrude Stein, Ezra Pound, and F. Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald.
Though deeply in love, the Hemingways are ill prepared for the hard-drinking and fast-living life of Jazz Age Paris, which hardly values traditional notions of family and monogamy. Surrounded by beautiful women and competing egos, Ernest struggles to find the voice that will earn him a place in history, pouring all the richness and intensity of his life with Hadley and their circle of friends into the novel that will become The Sun Also Rises. Hadley, meanwhile, strives to hold on to her sense of self as the demands of life with Ernest grow costly and her roles as wife, friend, and muse become more challenging. Despite their extraordinary bond, they eventually find themselves facing the ultimate crisis of their marriage—a deception that will lead to the unraveling of everything they’ve fought so hard for.
A heartbreaking portrayal of love and torn loyalty, The Paris Wife is all the more poignant because we know that, in the end, Hemingway wrote that he would rather have died than fallen in love with anyone but Hadley.
5. What's your best quality?
I'm a bright side kind of person - it's always half full. Some people find this quality annoying, but some days it’s the only way I am able to get through the day.


6. What is something about yourself you'd like to change?
Just one thing? I would probably change a half dozen things if I could…but the main thing is my drive to clean. I love my house being clean, but I never seem to find the time it takes to actually keep it clean. With 3 dogs and a cat it feels like there is always hair on the floors…even 30 minutes after I clean. It is so frustrating sometimes!

7. What is the number one thing you hope to accomplish in 2012?
Pay off all of our debt!

8. What is your favorite project that you've ever accomplished?
Well I am in the middle of accomplishing it right now, but I am really starting to love the look of our house. Floors go in next week, furniture gets here next month and the painting is about half done. :)

9. What is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
I have had a lot of nice things done for me, but the one that sticks out the most is my MIL throwing Michael and I a reception after we got married. I absolutely loved it and it was beyond gorgeous. It really was more than I could have asked for and I will always be grateful to her for that day.


10. Favorite kitchen or home improvement tool?
My Kitchen Aid mixer gets a ton of use now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment