Friday, March 23, 2012

The Ultimate Wedding Week Party...Before The Ceremony

After a year of planning and stressing over all the little details, the day had finally come! While I enjoyed every minute of it; it went by way too fast!


Since Michael and I had a destination wedding we had to go through customs that morning to get approval from Mexican officials to get married. That part of the morning was stressful because we had to wait for over an hour to be seen. Once we were done I was off to get ready at the resort with the ladies!


I had the photographer and videographer come to capture some of the special moments before I officially became Mrs. Powell.








This picture captures my dad so well...I love it!


Here are a few picture of Michael before the wedding...



And since we technically had two ceremonies I wanted to add some before pictures of our California Ceremony/Reception. We did this for the friends and family that were unable to attend the destination wedding. It was perfect and there wasn't any pressure that day. Michael and I were able to enjoy the morning together because we were already married and I didn't feel the need to surprise him as I walked down the aisle.


















Had to have a little SATC in my wedding! Manolo Blahniks = my weakness!


I loved both mornings for different reasons and I was so lucky to be able to do this twice in one month! The ladybugs played a special part on my wedding day because they signified my uncle that had passed away just 6 weeks before the wedding. He was also my Godfather and I had asked him to walk me down the aisle for the California wedding. I thought it would be a great way to share my special days with both my dad and uncle. Unfortunately he did not make it, so we had ladybugs throughout to signify his presence. The best part about this story is yet to come... 




If you want to join in on the party go to Along The Way With V&J and link up!


Don't forget to come back next week to celebrate the wedding ceremony, the reception, and all the fun details!





4 comments:

  1. I love the ladybugs--what a sweet way to honor your family. And you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's awesome that you got to have two ceremonies and go through everything twice! love your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your dress!! And your ring is beautiful!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is gorgeous!!
    My sister in law wore those same blue shoes!!

    ReplyDelete