Monday, April 23, 2012

Weekend Recap

Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Mine was fun and not nearly long enough! I ended up going back into the doctors on today so it was not the best ending to my weekend, but it was an ending none-the-less.
Friday
Friday was my FIL's birthday so Michael got Kings tickets for him. It is a running joke in our family that in the last 4 years of dating Michael, the Kings have not won a single game that I was sitting in the stands for. Now if you watch the NBA you would know that isn't saying much...but still! I was hoping that night would be different since it we were there for a birthday instead of a just because game. WRONG. They lost by like 10 points and the only time it was close was in the first quarter. I love my husband and FIL, but the Kings really are not that fun to watch.

Saturday
I love Saturday's because it means one thing...garage sales! Michael and I love scoping different garage sales to see what we can find. It is very hit or miss, but when it's a hit...it's a huge hit. This last Saturday we scored holiday decorations, a creeper for working on the vehicles, some pictures for the dining room, 3 vintage barbies for an AMAZING price (I collect vintage barbies) and a coffee table. We are still in the process of redecorating (pictures will be up when we are finished) and the coffee table was exactly what I was looking for. The best part? It's ZGalleries and it was only $40 bucks! Like I said, score! 
Honestly, I don't think there was one thing we bought that I wasn't completly over the moon with. I think I left every garage sale thinking it was that much better than the last. It was crazy and I loved it!

Then I met up with my MIL & SIL for a Stella & Dot party. I love jewerly and found some really amazing pieces.
                               

    via                              via                      via                        via

They ship the orders, so I am excited to receive them.

Later that afternoon we were invited over to a friend's house for the UFC fight. They had a pool going and Michael won it! It was a really fun night full of laughs, drinks and of course, great friends.

Sunday
Sunday we woke up and got ready for church. Michael never had been to church before dating me so it is still a work in progress. He knows it is very important to me to raise our kids knowing that Sunday mornings are reserved for Chuch so he is slowly working into it. I love that he is willing to go with/for me and hopefully, one day, he goes for himself. 

After church we went to a few of the wineries that we are members at and enjoyed a lazy Sunday afternoon. 

Right now I am curled up on the sofa writting this blog while waiting for Michael to finish BBQing the steak. Dinner tonight will consist of a fruit salad, broccoli, steak and garlic bread. YUM.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and even better week!

No comments:

Post a Comment