Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Emily oh Emily- Episode 4 of The Bachelorette

Good morning, good morning! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! Mine was nice, but nowhere near long enough! Michael was still sick from camping and my father-in-law was back in the hospital so we didn't do anything really exciting.


Speaking of exciting; what do you all think of last night's episode of the Bachelorette? I have to admit, I am still a little bored by it all. It looks like it's going to get more interesting, but the bachelors are not the same quality that they used to be! I guess it wasn't fair to throw in a Vienna or Courtney, but always have above average guys to choose from. I am just hoping Emily is as smart as she says she is and is able to cut through the garbage...

The group moved to Bermuda for their dates and it was absolutely gorgeous! Michael and I joked that we should have applied for this show before we got married just to travel like this!!

Ricki gets to go with Emily to all of the destinations, which is one thing I was happy to hear. She is old enough to remember these trips, but young enough that it won't effect her as badly to be away from friends for a long period of time. I am sure she had the time of her life and I hope she will realize, years down the road, how lucky she is to have been able to experience this!

Doug was the 1:1 date this week and he bugs the you-know-what out of me. They walked around town and checked out all of the local shopping. At one point they wrote Doug's son a postcard and that was about the only thing I thought was even somewhat real about their date. Doug is just weird. He refers to himself in the 3rd person, doesn't seem to ever give a real genuine response and usually is the root of conflict in the house. I mean...hello male version of Courtney!

Next up was the group date. The guys were divided into 2 groups of 4 and were told they had to race sail boats against each other for more time with Emily. I was beyond mad when the yellow team won. While I love Jef, I really thought the other team had the better set of guys. Overall, the only part of the group date was Jef getting the rose and Ryan making a total you-know-what out of himself. All of his little comments are adding up and hopefully Emily will give him the boot.

I think I lost a little love for Emily on the 2:1 date. Not only was it beyond awkward, but she axed Nate. As sweet as John seems, he is kinda boring, very stiff and not that cute. At least Nate is fun to look at! :)

Finally the rose ceremony comes and I wanted to reach through the screen and shake Emily. She got rid of one of my favorites. I think I cried a little inside when she let Charlie go. Really!??! Why keep Alejandro over Charlie?? At least Charlie has made an effort! I don't think I've heard more than 3 sentences from Alejandro and we are decently far into the season. There is no spark between them and he really has nothing to offer the audience. I just don't get it.

On a few sidenotes:
  • I think, and really wouldn't be upset, that Kalon is the one that Emily goes ballistic on. I don't even have kids yet, but if some guy called my child "baggage" I would do a lot more than tell them to go pound sand.
  • I am starting to like Arie more and more. While I still think he is hiding something, he seems to really like Emily. Hopefully I am wrong though because their connection is one of the strongest ones.
  • I am ready to just move on to the hometown dates. Most of these guys don't have a chance. My predictions are Arie, Sean, Jef and Ryan (need to keep a little drama in there) will make it to the final 4.

Hopefully the season picks up AND she starts realizing why some of these idiots are there. If not, I may be forced to just read the recaps and stop my Bachelor/Bachelorette watching tradition. What do you all think? Let me know below or link up



2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more about the quality or lack of quality in the guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way - slim pickings around there! :) Thanks for linking up girlie! :)

    ReplyDelete