Thursday, May 31, 2012

May Madness??

No, I am not talking about basketball...I am talking about the last 31 days. To say it's been crazy is an understatement. The only problem is I wouldn't have it any other way. :)

Here is a quick recap my last month...

Cinco de Derby/Derby de Mayo (it's been called both)
We had a total blast that day. It started out as a derby party...
and then turned into a Mexican fiesta...




And then, in true Powell spirit, turned into a poker night with those left standing after all that tequila...
We had about 25 people over that day and went through 3 handles of tequila, a ton of beer and not so much sangria. :) Derby de Mayo= success!

Next up was my work retreat in Napa. It was so nice to take a few days away from work and enjoy my co-workers. A few of the wives put the retreat together and it was a lot of fun!


please don't mind the crazy hair and half done makeup. It was hot/humid and almost 8pm by the time this picture was taken...

all of the ladies and some of the men went on a wine tasting tour while the rest of the guys were off golfing. Our driver/tour guide was wonderful and I loved that we tasted at wineries none of us had been to before.

Next up was Mother's Day. My parents came into town for the brunch that I talked about hereThe hub's mom ended up being sick that day, so we had a few people less than we had expected. It was fine though because it meant there were a lot of leftovers! It was nice to spend time with my parents, the hub's dad and his sister's family. So nice in fact that I totally forgot to take photos! :(

Wine Tasting (take 2?)
Earlier this year a friend of ours planned a wine tasting limo ride for a group of us. When the day actually came though the limo ended up being a party bus. Of course we were happy and there turned out to be some ridiculously funny video footage to come out of our wine happy event. Unfortunately I promised that footage would never see the world wide web...

A Heart Attack Scare
My father-in-law suffered a major heart attack on 5/21. The stars were aligned because everything that could have gone wrong went right. Within a few hours of having stints put in he was talking and cracking jokes like normal. It was so scary and the hubs and I were not thrilled to be back at Kaiser, but we were very relieved when we found out he was going to be okay.

Memorial Day Camping
With our cornhole set it tow, we prepared ourselves for another long, drunken weekend.
What started out as a fun trip down to the lake ended up not so fun... We got to the site and setup only for me to start to get sick again. By Saturday afternoon I was so sick that I just went back to the tent and slept...while it was raining. haha. I woke up to the hubs sounding like a pedophile because his allergies were so bad he had no voice. We made the executive decision to pack up and leave early. It was a good thing we did because this is how our Memorial Day ended...
Fun right?? Thank goodness for Kaiser!

So, now you know the craziness that has taken over my life for the last month! 99% of it was a blast, 1 % of it, well...I would have rather been shopping or something fun. :) :) :)

Oh, and I just have to mention to Miss Riss that even though the Giants lost last night, they beat the Dbacks for the series. hehehe. If you have no idea why I just said that, check out the comment section of this post. It should clear it up. :)

1 comment:

  1. BAHAHAHA!! I seriously just laughed out loud when I read the last part of this post! Hilarious!! ...This is true, in fact, I couldn't even brag about the Dbacks right now even I wanted to. We've been doing a little of what I like to call, sucking, lately! LOL!! But that's OK, my dad taught me that you're not a real fan unless you're still a fan when they're losing! Hahaha!! Thanks for the shout out! Totally made my night!

    ReplyDelete