Thursday, July 5, 2012

America's Week Recap

Well I hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July! Ours was a blast and it started with camping this past weekend. We packed up Thursday night and drove over to the campsite around 1pm Friday afternoon. We always love camping at this location because it is never too crowded, very shaded, near water and {normally} they have a Freedom/"White Trash" Parade for the 4th. This year the campers that usually do it must have taken the weekend off because there was nothing scheduled...so what do we do? We have our own parade! Below is a short video that should sum up our camping trip. :)

Then yesterday we went over to Pat and Jess's house for a fun-filled celebration. Jessica never skimps on the decorations and I think it's impossible to leave her house hungry! She is such an awesome host!

My scary attempt at a 4th of July jell-o mold is above. It looks pathetic compared to Jess's beautifully {and festively} prepared food.
We enjoyed hanging out by the fire with some of our favorite people in the world. :)

And of course it wouldn't be the 4th if I couldn't cuddle up with someone. This year Mara one the honor!
After a little while Pat, Jessica and Tyler decided they wanted in on the fun, so we all decided to cuddle for a photo.
The boys decided they wanted to be festive...how do they do that? Drink American Flag Budweiser of course!

And finally...it wouldn't be our group unless we ended it with a bon fire in the middle of the street using all of the used firework containers. I guess they just really missed camping?


Our week really has been a blast, but after looking at these photos I am ready for a nap! The thing I love about his country is no matter your race, political view or religious view...we always manage to come together to celebrate this wonderful country. July 4th is one of my favorite holidays and I just wanted to thank the men and women that defend this country for allowing me the opportunity to celebrate the way I do.

What did you all do for the 4th?

Also...just a reminder that my blog sale is still going on. You can check it out here.

3 comments:

  1. Ah, good times! Thanks for posting! :)

    Ms. M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! SO FUN! love all the fun themed food.. such a sucker for that kinda stuff :D the 4th is one of my favorite holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a fun 4th!! =) ...on a slightly less unrelated note...I totally tried the wine, sprite, lemonade concoction you posted about months ago! I was looking for an easy, summer drink for the 4th and remembered your post! Hahaha!! I didn't use the exact lemonade you did, cause I couldn't find it, lol, so I grabbed a different one instead! I'm totally obsessed! SO DELISH!!!

    ReplyDelete