Monday, October 15, 2012

gender reveal party...revealed!

From the moment the hubs & I found out I was pregnant I knew I wanted to have a gender reveal party. Natasha from Hello Happinesss had the cutest invites I had ever seen so I knew I wanted to take her ideas and make them my own. I contacted the Etsy store that designed her invites and was able to order my own.

Since I was already going to know the baby's gender, the hubs and I decided we wanted our mom's to cut the cake. It was another wonderful idea I got from Natasha. (Honestly, I really am not that good at this stuff so I appreciate those that are!)

The "Girl" cake was going to be butter cream with a strawberry whipped filling. The "Boy" cake was a lemon poppy seed with whipped cream in the center that was dyed blue. I would be lying if I didn't say I was secretly happy peanut was a boy. The cake was beyond tasty and it was the perfect combo!

Another thing the hubs and I wanted to have for the party was the name picked out. I loved the idea of everyone casting their votes and we thought it would be a fun way to remember the final two names that we had picked out. We loved Riley for a girl and Jackson for a boy. It was fun to see people's reactions to the names we had chosen and Jackson has already been given a few nicknames from our family.

I think it turned out so well and I couldn't have been happier with the party.  There was about 30 or so people and everyone commented on how much they loved the "Fall" theme instead of the typical blue vs pink. It really was one of the best parties we've ever had!














3 comments:

  1. I was really debating a gender reveal party. How many people did you invite? I was just thinking about doing something small for really close friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We invited 36 people and I think 30-32 came. It was a ton of fun! Even if you do something small, I still say go for it! Celebrate your baby every chance you get. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun party!!! Congrats on your baby boy! :)

    ReplyDelete