Monday, October 3, 2011

10 days and counting...

So I have been married for 10 days and everyone keeps asking how it feels to be a married woman. Honestly? I feel exactly like I did 11 days ago. There really isn’t anything that’s changed other than we have a piece of paper, written in Spanish, which ties us together for the rest of our lives. It’s funny that I, like most girls, obsessed over walking down the aisle for years and years and then one day I blinked and it was gone.
At the end of the day though, both Michael and I are happy that we chose to get married in Mexico, away from the craziness of our daily lives. We were able to just relax and enjoy time with our family and close friends. We had the perfect amount of people, and were able to exchange our vows and rings on one of the most beautiful beaches we had been to. Honestly, that beats a country club or wedding hall any day of the week!


             Above are some of the posts from wedding
           day in Cozumel, Mexico.
 




The cruise itself was a blast. Aside from Michael tearing ligaments in his ankle while in Roatan, I could not have had more fun! We started in Miami Beach and then headed down to Key Largo.  While it was not exactly what I was expecting as far as layout of the town, it was probably one of my favorite parts of the trip. We ate amazing food there and I had a mind blowing peanut butter martini that I would kill to get the recipe to!
After Key Largo we went back to Miami to meet with the rest of the group. I managed to take us to the wrong restaurant for our “rehearsal dinner”, but we had fun none-the-less. That was the first of many infamous blonde moments that Michael won’t let me forget…
We got on the boat Sunday and sailed away to Cayman Islands, Roatan Honduras, Belize and Cozumel Mexico. <3
Below are a few pictures from our week in paradise.






No comments:

Post a Comment