Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Back to the real world!

Well, I am officially back to the real world. No more weddings, no more planning! WAHOOOOOOO!

This last weekend started out with a mad dash to clean my house. Christine came over and helped because that girl is silly enough that she loves to clean. I was very thankful for the help because I hate it…with a passion. J

Saturday I was recovering from our celebration we had after my house was clean (2 bottles of wine…) when I went to pick up Katie. Aside from SWA trying to steal her bag, everything went well. I was able to spend time with her again, for the second time in 2 weeks, and it felt like Christmas! On the way back to my house we decided to be bad and stopped at McDonalds. This was a complete waste. We stopped for French fries and a milk shake… in my hung over state that sounded like a steak and lobster dinner. Well we got there only to be told that their ice cream machine was down…thus meaning no milk shakes. Okay fine, I will go with my ever faithful backup, lemonade. I then find out that they are out of lemonade. Really now? I ended up settling for French fries and OJ. Not exactly what I had in mind, but somehow it worked.

That night we went to a Halloween party at Melissa’s. It was fun hanging out with her again because I hadn’t seen her in a few months due to our crazy schedules. Here’s a picture of Katie and myself from that night…

The next morning we woke up WAY too early and got me ready for “my big day” for the second time. Even though I am very glad to be done with weddings, I had an absolute blast at the reception! The margaritas were flowing, the food was out of this world yummy and I was able to talk to people I haven’t seen in what seems like forever. My mother-in-law did a truly amazing job and I am very grateful for everything she did to make our reception exactly what we wanted…a small backyard style party with lots of food, alcohol and friends.

Here is a picture form the day that my uncle took…

After getting home super late Sunday night I had to wake up at 4:15 to take Katie to the airport. While I had it bad, she had it worse. Running through the airport at 5 something in the morning is never fun!

While this last weekend was one of the most fun in awhile…I was very happy when Monday (evening) came and I could finally relax. J

No comments:

Post a Comment