Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Weekend Recap

So this weekend was a good one. It is the first one in a while that I have been able to get things done and felt somewhat refreshed come Monday morning. Friday night I worked on Thank You cards…and thankfully I am almost done with them! Our Christmas cards finally came in, so that will be my next project to tackle…
Saturday morning Michael and I got up early and ran errands for Friendsgiving. We picked up the turkey, all of the yummy sides and then came home and I got to work on cooking. Because I had been sick most of last week I decided to cheat and we ordered a HoneyBaked turkey. All would have been good if they hadn’t lost our order and then given me the wrong directions. After cooking it one hour past what they said to cook if for it was still frozen! Thankfully there were enough sides and part of the turkey was cooked that we all left full. At the end of the night everyone got a good laugh out of it…but it will be the last time I cheat with a store bought turkey again.
Here's a picture of us after my hubby figured out he likes my Sangria... :)

After we were done eating we gathered around our fold out tables and played some poker. Oh how do we love our poker!!







Sunday morning came around and I finally got to sleep in! It was only until 8:30…but I will take what I can get these days. Lol. Then my sister, Nick, Michael and I packed up and headed out to finish my dad’s Christmas present. It turned out really well and I can’t wait for him to see it!
If only all of our weekends were as nice as this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment