Monday, June 18, 2012

Just Another Manic Monday?

Well this weekend was one of the best weekends in awhile...aside from seeing the bestie last weekend of course! Saturday the hubs and I went over to Ashley & Fred's house to float in their pool. We knew it would be a hot day, but I was later told it was the warmest it's been since August 2010! Poor Fred slaved over the BBQ to cook us a beyond fabulous meal and we loved every bite. Thanks again Ash & Fred!!

Sunday I had a *cough* blast doing laundry and cleaning. Ran a few errands and then had dinner with the FIL. I lucked out in the FIL department and really enjoyed hanging out with him and the hubs!

When we got home I preceded to watch Client List and RHONJ. I was furious mad to realize I'd have to wait until 2013 for it to come back on again. It's only been on 2.5 months. How am I supposed to function that long without it? Haha. I am already perturbed that Alcatraz has been cancelled. I just don't get it. What happened to the way it used to be? Sept-May shows ran their courses...and May-Sept I was able to entertain myself with the reruns! * I could probably recite every line in every episode of SATC.* Television just isn't fun anymore. There are WAY too many "reality" shows and not enough good ol' fashion suspense, drama, sitcoms, etc. Don't get me wrong...I do love me some reality tv (Big Brother, Bachelorette, RHONJ/A)...I just wish there was a better mix. I feel like everything on tv now is a rerun/ remake from a 90's show or reality tv. Oh well. When I am President I will make sure to fix that!

Enough with my tv rant! Time for some real news! I was nominated for a Liebster Award by Haley and I couldn't be more excited/honored. The hubs laughs at me because I get all giddy over this stuff, but it really is nice to know that people read my little section of the internet.

Here is the description of the award according to Haley's blog:

The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The meaning; Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.


And the hubs wonders why I love blogging. That is too sweet! Thank you Haley for the nomination!!

Here are the rules for receiving this award:

1.  Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.

Let the fun begin!

11 things about me:
  1. I lived in 5 houses between 0-18. 3 of them were in the same town and two were before I was even 5.
  2. I am one of 9 grandkids, 5 of which are Asian. And just because I get asked this the minute I say that, no I am not Asian...
  3. I have been friends with my bestie since we were 6 years old. I joke with her all of the time that our friendship could legally drink.
  4. I have an abnormally great memory. I can still remember outfits I wore for things, things people said when I was a kid...etc.
  5. I am kind of a "brand whore" when it comes to clothes, shoes, purses, etc. I would say 95% of what is in my closet has a designer label on it. With that said, I LOVE Consignment clothing stores and ebay because I am not made of money.
  6. I was in Awanas and was a Job's Daughter growing up. I regret not sticking with it more. When I have a daughter they will most definitely be in both.
  7. I graduated high school early and had an AA the month after I turned 19.
  8. Little did the hubs know, but our first date was actually my second date of the day. I had a lunch date earlier that afternoon. I'm glad I saved the best for last. :)
  9. I hate getting rid of pajamas. They have to be stained or holey for me to toss them. It's strange though because I will get rid of clothes in my closet without hesitation if I don't wear them...but I still have a pair of sweats that I've owned since I was a freshman in high school.
  10. I had the same boyfriend all throughout high school, but broke up with him two weeks before graduation. Strange huh?
  11. I decided when I was 19 that I would retire in North Carolina. When I mentioned my plans to the hubs he said that he loved that idea and come h*ll of high water, we would retire in North Carolina. SOOOOO Excited! :)
Haley's Questions:
  1. How many cell phones have you had in your lifetime? 5.
  2. How many states have you visited? Ever been out of the country? 15. I have. We were married in Mexico and I have been to numerous other countries before that and since.
  3. Around what age did you switch from taking baths to taking showers? Haha, I'll let you know when I officially switch. I take my showers in the morning and some evenings I like to throw in some Lush products and relax in the tub.
  4. Japanese, Mexican or Italian food? While I love all three; there is no competition. Italian
  5. French toast or pancakes? Neither. If I had to choose I guess I would say pancakes.
  6. Your all-time favorite restaurant? It was a little Italian restaurant that closed down in the town next to where I grew up. They had the best pasta dishes and the dipping sauce for the bread was out of this world!
  7. How many times a day do your brush your teeth? on average, 2-3
  8. Do you play an instrument? I used to play the piano. In all honestly, I probably still could but would be a little rusty.
  9. What were the colors and mascot of your high school? Purple and Gold...and we were the Dons, the mighty, mighty Dons!
  10. What's your ideal outside temperature/weather? 85 and sunny or a light snow!
  11. Favorite all-time song to jam out to? Oh goodness. I have no idea. Probably something from the 90's.

And finally, my questions are:

  1. How long is your longest relationship?
  2. What's your favorite childhood memory?
  3. Is cheerleading a sport?
  4. Realistically, what would you buy first if you won the Lottery?
  5. Name a band/show that you love but are ashamed to admit.
  6. Are you a city girl or a country girl?
  7. What's the worst pick-up line someone's used on you?
  8. You're on a first date and the guys takes you to Chuck-E-Cheese. What are you thinking?
  9. Physical book or Ebook?
  10. Apple or PC?
  11. Why did you decide to start your blog? How long have you had it?


My Nominations are:




Thanks again Haley for nominating me!!

1 comment:

  1. Aww thanks for the blog love Amanda!! I feel so special! =)

    ReplyDelete