Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Weekend Recap... on a Wednesday

Well this post is going up a little later than I had hoped, but it's going up so I can't complain to much! :) This last weekend I drove down to my hometown, AKA Stepford, for my bestie's baby shower. She is due in August and I couldn't wait for some Katie time. She lives in San Diego so phone/email dates are the extent of our "quality time" lately.

I went down Friday night after a doctor's appointment. I stayed at the Hilton and it was awkward strange. You see, my parents moved to Arizona a few years ago. While I have been back to see Faith Hill and all of the other perfect women since, I realized I hadn't stayed the night since they moved.

The hotel was nice.  That's nothing out of the ordinary though because most Hiltons are...I mean for the price they should be! Well, we went to dinner at our FAVORITE Benni Hana style restaurant for and then turned in for the evening. I passed out while reading and woke up to my alarm barking *literally barking* the next morning. It's a good thing my alarm on my phone is set to go off every morning because I could have totally slept through my shower time!

I got ready and drove over to pick her up. I was in charge of bringing her to the shower because it was at this fancy smancy victorian house that we all admired growing up. I had never been there before, but I totally could have lived there!

The shower was a blast, the food was out of this world and the company was some of the best!




I left that evening and went home. It was a good thing I did because I couldn't get off the sofa on Sunday. I woke up sicker than a dog and even I know you shouldn't be sick around a preggers! Darn doctor's offices...

Well there you have it, my midweek weekend recap. I haven't had a chance to watch the Bachelorette yet either, so I think I may just skip this week's recap. What can I say...I had a worldwind of a weekend and I am still recovering days later. :)

Congrats Bestie!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like the shower was a blast!! That quilt she got is gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love wedding and baby showers!! They're always so much fun and shower food is the BEST! ;)

    P.S. I nominated you for a blog award, so go check it out!!
    alighthouseonacoast.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete