Tuesday, March 26, 2013

First Month Loves

Reading other blogger's monthly favorites really helped me put together my registry and figure out what I needed to buy. Since their posts helped me so much; I figured I would give back and write about our favorites for Jackson's first month. 


Lansinoh Soothies Gel Pads- Loved these and the Lanolin Cream during the first 2 1/2 weeks of breastfeeding. I don't know if I could have gotten through those first few weeks without them because they help out so much with dry, cracked nipples. Worth. Every. Penny.
Satsuma Baby Mittens- We loved these mittens, but not for the normal reasons. Jackson's hands were ALWAYS cold during the first month. Unless he was wrapped tightly in a swaddle blanket his hands were always little ice boxes. Within 1 1/2 weeks he learned to wiggle his arms free from the swaddles, so I had to come up with a plan B. Insert Satsuma Baby Mittens here. Happy baby = happy momma.
Aden + Anais Swaddle Blankets- Love these blankets. They made swaddling Jackson into a little burrito stupid easy and they were lightweight enough that I could throw one (or 6) into my diaper bag and it didn't take up a ton of room.

Gdiapers- The hubs and I decided that we were going to use cloth diapers instead of disposable while I was still pregnant. Hours of research later I decided to stock up on the Gdiapers and biodegradable inserts. Love doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about these diapers. We've been using them for just over a month and we have yet to experience an explosion or diaper rash. They are so easy to use and will save us a ton of money in the long run. Like I said... Love. 
Odwalla- I don't think these drinks need much explanation. They are great for on the go, or a quick boost inbetween caring for the little one. They are packed with calories, neutrients & vitamins to help me get through the day (and breastfeeding) when I don't have time to cook.
Vibrating Chair- This isn't the exact chair we have since we bought our chair at Once Upon a Baby for fifteen bucks after realizing that Jackson was too small for the swing. This has been a lifesaver for us during dinnertime. It keeps him entertained just long enough for me to shovel some food in my mouth and get back to snuggling.
Summer Infant Swaddlers- These things are great because they are husband proof and are a lifesaver in the middle of the night. Jackson has probably lived in these for the last month straight at night.
BabyGanics Hand Sanitizer- I have these all over my house, in my diaper bag and in my car. They are organic, don't have a nasty alcohol smell and don't dry my hands out. I don't think I will ever use another brand of hand sanitizer again!
Aden + Anais Burp Bibs- Another must have in my opinion. Jackson loves to lay on my chest after he eats and I can wrap these around my chest to prevent being covered in spit-up. They soak up everything and are so soft since they are the Muslin cotton. Love!



Well, that's it. I hope this helps a few new moms out there the way past blogger's helped me.


No comments:

Post a Comment